What does the visa let the visa holder do?
This visa allows the visa holder to travel to and from, or remain in Australia for as long as their parent's temporary visa is valid, or until the parent's permanent visa application is finalised.
Visa validity period
This visa is valid until a decision is made on the parent's permanent Spouse or Interdependency visa application, or until the parent's visa application is withdrawn.
These pages provide information about the requirements that must be met to support a visa application.
If this visa is granted, the following requirements must be met.
The child must comply with all Australian laws.
The following obligations apply to approved sponsors:
- Be responsible for all financial obligations to the Australian Government that the child might incur while they are in Australia.
- Ensure adequate accommodation and financial assistance is available as required to meet the child's reasonable living needs. If the child is applying outside Australia, this assistance would cover the child's first two (2) years in Australia. If the child is applying in Australia, this assistance would cover the two (2) years following the grant of the child's visa.
- Provide information and advice to help the child settle in Australia.
- Provide support as required to enable them to attend any required English language classes.
- Advise the department in writing if their circumstances change in a way that may affect the child's eligibility for this visa, or the sponsor's eligibility to sponsor the child.